O SÉTIMO SELO
Título: Det Sjunde Inseglet
Realizador: Ingmar Bergman
Ano: 1957

Bergman realizou um filme sobre um cavaleiro regressado das cruzadas, Antonius Block (Max von Sydow), que procura o sentido da vida. Aquando o seu encontro com a própria morte, o cavaleiro propõe um duelo de xadrez, onde tenta desvendar o mistério da existência.

KNIGHT- Who are you?
DEATH - I am Death.
KNIGHT - Have you come for me?
DEATH - I have been walking by your side for a long time.
KNIGHT - That I know.
DEATH - Are you prepared?
KNIGHT - My body is frightened, but I am not.
DEATH - Well, there is no shame in that.
KNIGHT - Wait a moment.
DEATH - That's what they all say. I grant no reprieves.
KNIGHT - You play chess, don't you?.
DEATH - How did you know that?
KNIGHT - I have seen it in paintings and heard it sung in ballads.
DEATH - Yes, in fact I'm quite a good chess player.
KNIGHT - But you can't be better than I am.
DEATH - Why do you want to play chess with me?
KNIGHT - I have my reasons. DEATH - That is your privilege.
KNIGHT - The condition is that I may live as long as I hold out against you. If I win, you will release me. Is it agreed?
KNIGHT - You drew black!
DEATH - Very appropriate. Don't you think so?

Comments

* said…
today I just finsihed Bergman's 'Laterna Magica''...
great book...
Sunday Morning said…
i´m begining to learn about bergman, i oly saw saraband and the seventh seal and i enjoyed them both,
what is latern magica about?
Sunday Morning said…
it is almost portuguese lanterna mágica that is magic torch
sugiro wild strawberries. E belissimo e muito bonito...
* said…
laterna magica is his autobiography...about his childhood, but also a lot about films he made and the theaters he worked and such...
i also dont know so very much about him....havent seen many films but those I saw I liked....should be much more films like him

Popular Posts